- The European Union General Data Protection Regulation.
- The European Model Clauses regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland.
- Applicable country and local data protection laws.
What information do we collect and how?We may collect information directly from you when you voluntarily choose to participate in our offers, promotions and competitions, all or email us, or otherwise provide information directly to us. We may collect the following information directly from you:
- Identification data: ex. name, postal address, telephone number
- electronic location data
- electronic identification data: email address, IP address
- profession and job
- professional contact details
- consumption habits
- device information
- household composition
Purposes of processing & legal groundsDuracell processes personal data in the following ways:
- Direct marketing: when we receive explicit consent to, we will process information voluntarily submitted to us to send you requested materials or provide information about our products, services, promotions and competitions. If you have requested product information or to participate in a promotion or competition, or if you have bought products, we may also use your personal data to provide information about products, promotions or competitions we think may be of interest to you. Users who wish to stop receiving these materials may unsubscribe by clicking on the link in those materials or by getting in touch with us: https://www.duracell.co.uk/help/#contact-us
- Product development, customer management, testing, improvement and troubleshooting: For our legitimate interests in securing and protecting the integrity of this website, and for website and product development. When we receive your explicit consent to collect tracking information via cookies, we also may use viewing data to analyse how visitors use the website in order to provide statistics and improve the experience of interacting with the website. See hereunder for more information in this respect.
- As permitted to meet applicable legal obligations: we may pursuant to valid legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order, allow access to any information (including such categories of personal data) provided to Duracell, in order to comply with such process and to protect our rights and property. If warranted, we may also allow access to this information in special emergencies where physical safety is at risk.
- To the extent necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you, for purposes of customer and contract management.
Information SharingThe success of our business depends on your trust, and we do not sell your personal data to marketers outside of Duracell. We do not share personal data with marketers outside of Duracell.
- Third-party service providers
- Fulfill your product and service requests and answer your questions.
- Host our websites and deliver our communications.
- Mail product samples, contact contest winners,
- Conduct research and analyse data to improve our products, services and websites.
- Perform other services that we request.
- Aggregated and non-personal data
- Other situations
- To protect and defend the rights and property of Duracell (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions).
- When required by law and/or government authorities.
Accuracy of InformationWe take reasonable steps designed to keep your personal data accurate. However, we rely on you to provide accurate and complete information and inform us of any changes.
Your rights in connection with your personal dataUnder certain circumstances, and as required by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request correction of any incomplete or inaccurate personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data when there is no need for us continuing to process it or you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data to suspend the processing, for example if you want us to verify its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
- Right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority for data protection
|Request||Personal Data Retention Period|
|Information request||3 years after the final reply|
|Consumer complaints and consumer care reports||10 years after the complaint or the consumer care report has been closed|
Children’s Online PrivacyWe do not intend to collect personal data online from children under the age of 16 or as defined by local legal requirements, except on sites specifically directed to children. On those sites, additional transparency requirements are applicable and observed.
Contact DuracellIf you have any questions, inquiries, individual rights requests or complaints, please contact us at: https://www.duracell.co.uk/help/#contact-us
The controller of your personal information is Duracell UK Ltd., as identified as the Sponsor in the Official Rules (“Duracell”, “we”, “us”). Duracell needs to collect basic personal information, such as your Instagram name/ handle, in order to process your entry and, if you are successful, (i) notify you about your Prize, (ii) announce you (by surname and county of residence) as Winner, and (iii) deliver your prize to you. If you are a Winner, we will also need you to provide your full name, postal address and phone number, to enable us to deliver your prize. We process this information on the basis of the contract you enter into under the Official Rules, which includes administering the Promotion and contacting the Promotion Winner(s) (if this applies to you), and on the basis of our legitimate interest to announce to the public the name and county of residence of the Winners as required by advertising rules. We will store your personal information only for one year after delivery of the Prize(s), unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
We may share your name and contact details with our fulfilment partner which assists us with prize delivery. We may also share your personal information as required by law with applicable regulators or other authorities upon request.
Beyond notifying and announcing you as a Winner, we may wish to further use your personal information in promotional or marketing materials – in this case, we will ask for your specific consent.
Subject to applicable law, you have a number of rights in relation to the way we process your personal data, which are set out below:
- you have the rights, in certain circumstances, to access, rectify and/ or erase the information that we are processing about you (and/ or to restrict how it is processed and/ or to object to its processing), and a right to data portability;
- where we process data about you on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time; and
- you have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with a data protection supervisory authority.
- you have the right to ask whether we hold personal information about you and request copies of such personal information and information about how it is processed;
- you have the right to request deletion of personal information that is no longer necessary for the purposes underlying the processing, processed based on withdrawn consent, or processed in non-compliance with applicable legal requirements.